5 At-Home Workouts For Runners

I have been stuck at home and unable to run for nearly three weeks because I had a runny nose and light wet cough during the COVID-19 pandemic. What I had was likely not The Coronavirus, but I did not want to take any chance at infecting neighbours by going out for a run. So to stay positive, I chose to see this time spent at home as an opportunity to do things I had been neglecting to do because it is not as fun or intense as running or going to the gym. I am talking about balance, foot strength, core, and flexibility training.

All these exercises require no equipment at all and if you also find a way to do some at-home cardio (my cardio activity of choice was online dance fitness classes) it will help you get back to running with a more efficient technique and less risk of injury.

FOOT STRENGTH ROUTINE




Help yourself with your hands if unable to do it hands-free






BALANCE TRAINING ROUTINE


Advanced Exercises (if able to hold your balance 1 minute with closed eyes)







CORE TRAINING ROUTINE








HIP MOBILITY ROUTINE







ANKLE MOBILITY ROUTINE